You’re ready to start your recovery journey. You know rehab is right for you. You even know that outpatient treatment is a great option. But you can’t figure out how you can keep up with your work and family commitments while doing outpatient rehab during daytime hours. However, there is a solution for you: evening treatment programs. Night intensive outpatient programs offer flexible treatment for those who are ready to break free from addiction.
Clearhaven Recovery, just outside Boston, MA, offers a night intensive outpatient program. Our goal is to make drug and alcohol rehab available to everyone and to offer treatment plans tailored to their specific needs, schedules, and addiction history. Want to learn more? We would love to connect with you to answer your questions about our night addiction treatment program. Fill out our online form or give us a call at 833.970.2054.
Outpatient Rehab Options
There are three types of outpatient treatment programs. Each is recommended according to specific factors, and participants tend to prefer one or the other based on a range of reasons. How someone selects one over the other is a combination of personal choice and professional recommendations.
- Outpatient programs (OP) offer the flexibility to enable participants to meet their ongoing commitments to work and family while engaging in rehab. The participant lives at home but spends between three to six hours in treatment per week.
- Intensive outpatient programs (IOP) are a step up from an OP, requiring on average 10 to 15 hours per week. This is a good alternative to an inpatient program if someone needs a higher level of care than an OP.
- Partial hospitalization programs (PHP) are the highest level of addiction treatment someone can receive while living at home. The time commitment for this is the highest at approximately 30 hours a week.
Regular outpatient programs require the least amount of time and usually can be attended without much disruption of participants’ daily work and school schedules. Partial hospitalization requires too many hours per week for all services to be provided in the evenings. However, a night IOP is the perfect alternative for those who qualify for and need what an IOP can offer but worry about the time commitment.
The Benefits of a Night Intensive Outpatient Program
Whether you are stepping down from inpatient treatment or have just completed detox and are ready for the next steps, outpatient programs offer the same excellent evidence-based care available in residential rehab but with the flexibility to accommodate life’s demands.
An evening treatment program is often ideal for those who work or attend school (or both) during the day. Below are some benefits of attending an IOP in the evening.
- Stress reduction. The early stages of recovery are stressful enough without worrying that you can’t meet your work commitments or miss classes. Rather than juggling every other aspect of your life, why not attend your rehab commitments in the evening?
- Common ground. Not only will your peers in IOP share lived experiences as people with substance use disorders, but you will be at similar stages of life.
- Focus on rebuilding your career or work reputation. In many cases, an addiction has done damage to your work life. It usually affects performance, leads to absenteeism, compromises professional relationships, and more. If you can undergo addiction treatment in the evening to also establish your willingness and availability to make work obligations a priority, that sends a great message to your employer, team, staff, and others at work.
- Parenting obligations. Scheduling your IOP in the evening works well if you want to be there before and after your children’s school schedule while also going to work or school yourself. After the kids are settled and in good hands with a spouse, friend, or family member, you can head to your IOP secure that you have left nothing to chance.
Night IOP at Clearhaven Recovery
If you are looking for night treatment options in the Boston area, look no further. Clearhaven Recovery’s evening treatment program is an IOP specifically geared for those with barriers that make daytime treatment unmanageable.
At our night addiction treatment program, you will have access to all our evidence-based therapies, including cognitive-behavioral therapy and dialectic behavior therapy. The program includes:
- Medication-assisted treatment
- Individual therapy
- Group therapy
- Family therapy
During your night IOP, you will learn:
- Coping skills that will help you recognize, avoid, and deal with triggers
- To communicate in healthy ways with loved ones and others
- How to shift your thinking and beliefs to help you understand yourself and your addiction
- To trust that recovery is possible
- Mindfulness practices to center and focus when faced with stressors that put your sobriety at risk.
Reach out today for more information about night treatment options at Clearhaven Recovery. Our phone number is 833.970.2054 or you can use our online form—a quick and easy way to connect.