For those in recovery, having a strong network of support is invaluable. Addiction can be isolating. If you’ve struggled with alcohol or drug abuse in the past, you might feel as though no one else can understand your unique experiences. However, at Clearhaven Recovery, we incorporate group therapy into all of our treatment programs. During these sessions, you’ll be able to discuss your experiences with others in recovery under the guidance of a therapist. You’ll talk through challenges, celebrate successes, and find the support you need for your journey.
Our group therapy for addiction in Waltham is just part of the comprehensive treatment plans we create for each participant. Medication, individual therapy, and family therapy can also help you achieve sustainable recovery. To learn more about Clearhaven Recovery’s treatment programs and therapies, contact us today at 833.970.2054.
Why Is Group Therapy Part of Treatment?
Group therapy can seem intimidating at first. You might be worried about judgment from others or feel like you’re not at a place where you feel comfortable opening up about your experiences. However, this approach to treatment can be incredibly effective in promoting positive growth.
We incorporate group therapy into all of our treatment programs, from our partial hospitalization program to day and night intensive outpatient programs. This treatment option is beneficial for several reasons:
- You’ll spend more time working with a therapist than would be possible with just individual sessions
- You’ll receive support and encouragement from your peers in recovery
- You’ll better understand how addiction works and what to expect in sobriety
- You’ll gain perspective by listening to the stories of others
Group therapy is always accompanied by individual therapy sessions and weekly meetings with our master level clinician. Medication-assisted treatment might also help some of our participants maintain sobriety and focus on their recovery.
What to Expect in Group Therapy
It’s normal to feel apprehensive before starting group therapy. Addiction is isolating, and it’s easy to feel like no one will understand your experiences. However, our goal is for each of our participants to feel safe, comfortable, and supported during group therapy.
We’ll never force you to share. However, it’s likely that after listening to your therapist and to your peers in recovery, you’ll feel safe in your group. Sharing your story can help others as well as yourself. You’ll begin to understand the roots of addiction and how you can address its underlying causes.
In some sessions, your therapist will ask questions to help shape the discussion. In others, you might spend time celebrating successes in recovery or working through challenges. Every session is a chance for you to develop the healthy coping skills you need for lifelong recovery.
Reach Out to Clearhaven Recovery Center Today
Contact us to learn more about our treatment center, program options, and admissions process. At Clearhaven Recovery, you’ll find the support you need to make a lasting change in your life. Group therapy can be an integral part of your recovery journey, and many of our participants form strong friendships that can last a lifetime.
In addition to group therapy, we offer:
- Family therapy – Addiction can cause damage to your relationships, but we’ll help you work through conflict and build effective communication skills
- Cognitive-behavioral therapy – Change the way you think and react to situations
- Dialectical behavior therapy – Develop mindfulness and respond to your circumstances in a healthy way
- Motivational interviewing – Find your inner strength and motivation for sobriety
- Yoga and meditation – Discover healthy outlets for stress
- Life skills therapy – Rebuild your life in sobriety
Reach out to our team at 833.970.2054 today to begin taking back your life from substance abuse.