Cocaine addiction is a serious problem that can cause extreme financial, physical, and legal repercussions. If your loved one is struggling with a substance use disorder like cocaine addiction, chances are they may not be forthcoming about their struggles. This makes it more difficult for you to help them find the cocaine addiction program they need to make positive changes in their life. If you are unsure if your loved one requires cocaine addiction treatment, there are a few signs that can help you to determine if and how to get them the help they need. Clearhaven Recovery Center’s cocaine addiction treatment program can help support your loved one as they navigate this difficult time.
Signs That Your Loved One Is Addicted to Cocaine
There are many signs that your loved one could be living with cocaine addiction. If you have observed some of the following behaviors, these could be indications that they may need help finding the right cocaine addiction program:
- Behavioral changes can include evasive or hiding behavior, erratic moods, restlessness, talkativeness, euphoria, paranoia, obsessive actions, over-the-top cleanliness, or even manic tendencies such as staying up all night to clean or work on creative projects or experiments.
- They have drug paraphernalia in their possession. This can include straws, tubes, spliced pens, glass pipes, sandwich baggies with white residue, rolled bills, decorative glass mirrors, burnt spoons, needles, or syringes. White residue on any flat surfaces like books or trays can also be a sign of cocaine use.
- They may be struggling with financial woes due to the exorbitant cost of cocaine use.
- Physical changes may become apparent over time and can include extreme weight loss, dark undereye circles, and dilated pupils. Serious health issues can develop over time such as heart issues, gastrointestinal issues, and respiratory issues.
If you have observed any of the above symptoms, you may be at a loss for how to best help support your loved one with cocaine addiction. Clearhaven Recovery Center is here to help those who may be in need of cocaine addiction treatment.
How Do I Help My Loved One Get Assistance with Cocaine Addiction?
One of the best ways to help your loved one through their addiction is to know the signs. Once you have observed the signs, there are a few choices that you can make that will help in supporting their journey out of addiction. Here are some of the steps you can take:
- Learn more about addiction and any co-occurring disorders that they may be struggling with.
- Meet in neutral and sober environments.
- Avoid lecturing your loved ones about their mistakes.
- Remember that your loved ones’ dependency issues are not a result of anything you have done. Avoid enabling cocaine addiction either financially or emotionally.
- Encourage them to seek assistance for addiction, co-occurring mental health issues, trauma, or legal issues. Finding the right therapy can help to support an eventual treatment plan.
- Let them know that if they are struggling, Clearhaven Recovery Center can help them find the tools they need to work through addiction.
Dependency is the responsibility of the addicted individual. But it always helps to know that you have a friend. By caring enough to learn more about treatment options for their addiction, you are supporting their change.
Contact Clearhaven Recovery Center Today to Get Help with Cocaine Addiction
If the signs above have helped provide the clarity you need to help your loved one get cocaine addiction treatment, then Clearhaven Recovery Center can help. Our cocaine addiction program will provide the next step of care after drug addiction detox. We can support your loved ones in getting the tools they need to maintain sobriety. It can be a challenging prospect to overcome addiction, but it can also provide true and lasting meaning for all the days to come. Call Clearhaven Recovery Center at 833.970.2054 to make changes today.