Whatever the addiction, the first step in recovery is ridding the body of all remnants of the addictive substance. That is the only part of addiction treatment that always has to happen at a certain time. Why? Because allowing the body to remember how to function without drugs or alcohol, though it does not stop cravings or addiction, is the only way someone can envision and create a sober life. Addiction treatment, therefore, begins with medically supervised detox. Clearhaven Recovery proudly partners with several Boston-area detox centers. These Boston detox centers use evidence-based medical detox protocols to help you be 100% ready for rehab at Clearhaven Recovery.
Call Clearhaven Recovery today at 833.970.2054 or use our online form to learn more about Massachusetts rehab and Boston detox centers. We can answer all your questions and walk you through the steps to simplify your process and support you in making important decisions.
Benefits of Medical Detox
For anyone who chooses to begin their recovery after a long-term drug dependency, withdrawal can be dangerous, is never pleasant, and is often quite challenging and painful. But it does not have to be that difficult if the process is managed by health professionals. The benefits of medically supervised detox include:
- Safety – Previously undiagnosed underlying or co-occurring disorders, if they emerge, can be managed, and any risk of self-harm is all but eliminated by close monitoring.
- Quick adjustments in care – Treatment can be adjusted by the minute as symptoms emerge or change or if the participant’s needs shift.
- Pain management – Physicians can administer medications that mitigate the painful side effects of withdrawal.
- Improved outcomes – There is clear evidence that inpatient, medically monitored detox significantly improves the chances of a successful recovery in the long term.
What to Look For in a Boston-Area Detox Center
Clearhaven Recovery looks for a range of factors when recommending a Boston-area detox center. We recommend facilities that address the wellbeing of the whole person and pride themselves on both evidence-based practices and compassionate care. Some of the important features of a Boston detox center are:
- Detox protocols that are customized to the participant’s needs, specific addiction, and medical and mental health history. There is no one-size-fits-all plan that will work perfectly for everyone. It is important to individualize any treatment that is offered to individual people.
- Round-the-clock presence of medical staff, including a physician. To adjust as needed and in a timely manner to emerging issues, available staff at all hours is important.
- A proven track record in protecting participants from triggers. Not everyone has the same vulnerabilities. The obvious triggers, like the presence of drugs or alcohol, go without saying. But during intake, a participant’s personal triggers will be identified and noted so that staff can thoughtfully navigate the detox period.
- Counselors are available to help with the psychological effects of withdrawal. Both psychological counseling and holistic supports can be vital in helping someone through detox. A quality detox program will have therapists and other counselors on staff.
- Attention to physical comfort and emotional safety during detox and beyond. Whole person care is at the heart of addiction recovery.
Once detox is over, the remainder of addiction treatment begins with the participant in a strong position for success under the right care.
Clearhaven Recovery: Boston Addiction Treatment
At Clearhaven Recovery, we offer several options for those seeking drug or alcohol rehab after detox. They include:
- Men’s rehab
- Women’s rehab
- Partial hospitalization programs
- Day intensive outpatient programs
- Night intensive outpatient programs
Evidence-based therapies such as cognitive-behavioral therapy (CBT) and dialectical behavior therapy, among others, are used by our experienced professional counselors in both individual and group therapy settings.
Want to know more about Clearhaven Recovery’s programs and offerings, how to access professional detox, or how to help yourself or a loved one take that first step towards recovery? Reach out to us today. We are happy to provide you with information, support, and guidance. Use our online form or just pick up the phone and give us a call at 833.970.2054.