Addiction affects men and women in unique ways. Men’s biology reacts differently to drugs and alcohol than women, putting men at a higher risk of death due to risky behavior or severe illness, such as stroke, liver disease, and heart failure. A men’s rehab center gives men a safe and private space to work on their recovery safely and reach their goals of long-lasting recovery. A men’s rehab program focuses on the issues that are unique to men while developing coping skills for maintaining their sobriety.
At Clearhaven Recovery, we provide support for men who struggle with alcohol addiction and want to make a real change in their lives. Our men’s rehab program helps men understand how their thoughts and emotions control their actions and push them to continue using, even if they want to stop. For more information about our men’s rehab center and how it can benefit your recovery, call 833.970.2054 today to speak with our staff.
How Can Men’s Alcohol Rehab Help?
Young men who are experiencing alcohol for the first time are more likely to participate in dangerous activities like binge drinking or participating in drinking games where they drink so much that they pass out. They see it as a rite of passage or may feel pressured by their peers to participate, which can quickly lead to a serious problem if they are not careful.
Recent reports from the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) have found that men who drink are more likely to:
- Drink and drive, leading to an increased risk of an accident, DUI, or death
- Exhibit aggressive or violent behavior while drinking
- Have higher blood alcohol concentration levels above .08%, which is the legal limit for intoxication
- Die by suicide due to growing mental health disorders caused by their drinking
Men will also experience a decrease in sexual function and desire. They can experience erectile dysfunction, impotence, loss of chest and facial hair, and gynecomastia or abnormal breast growth in men. At Clearnhaven Recovery, our men’s alcohol rehab gives men a fighting chance at maintaining their sobriety and improving their physical and mental health.
The Biggest Benefits of a Men’s Rehab Center
A men’s rehab center can be very beneficial in helping men get through withdrawal symptoms safely while participating in behavioral therapy to understand their addiction better. They participate in a mixture of therapies that include private and group settings. Just some of the benefits of a men’s drug rehab include:
- A safe and judgment-free zone – Men get to focus on the issues that matter to them the most without feeling hesitant to open up like they might in a coed space. Men can talk about their issues without judgment while developing new skills to maintain their sobriety.
- Improved communication skills – Learning to communicate your feelings properly takes practice. It is not easy to do, especially for men who grew up in an atmosphere where they were not encouraged to talk about their feelings.
- Develop relationship skills – Men work on developing healthy relationship skills to improve existing or broken relationships and show them how to build supportive relationships in the future.
- Grow a strong support network – The men who participate in group therapy with you can become a part of your sober support network that you can lean on after your treatment program has ended.
Clearhaven Recovery: Helping Change Men’s Lives Through Our Men’s Rehab Program
At Clearhaven Recovery, we help young men struggling with addiction to alcohol and drugs through our men’s rehab center in Waltham, MA. We provide outpatient support for men who are ready to stop letting their addiction control their lives. Our men’s drug rehab employs various therapies to treat their addiction, including:
- Cognitive-behavioral therapy
- Dialectical behavior therapy
- Group and individual therapy
- Family therapy
Call 833.970.2054 today for more information about our men’s rehab program if you or a loved one is struggling with addiction.