The rate of excessive drinking in the state of Massachusetts is slightly higher than the national average. With alcohol being one of the top causes of preventable death, finding alcohol detox in Massachusetts is crucial for the health and safety of its residents. How do you know if you need the help of an alcohol detox center? Read on to learn about the signs of alcohol dependence and addiction and the benefits of enrolling in alcohol detox in Massachusetts.
If you or someone you love needs the assistance of an alcohol detox program in the Boston area, reach out to Clearhaven Recovery. We can refer you to the best local alcohol detox centers to get you started on your journey to sobriety. Call us today at 833.970.2054 to learn more about our medical detox partners.
How to Know When You Need an Alcohol Detox Center
Many people realize that they need to cut back their alcohol use after a specific incident. This may occur after a blackout in which they cannot remember the night before or a more serious situation such as a car accident or arrest in relation to their drinking. Whatever the reason, you need to determine the best course of action to break free from alcohol dependence. After a wake-up call, some people can simply quit using or drastically scale back their use.
For others, professional treatment will be needed to stop using alcohol. There are plenty of alcohol addiction treatment programs out there, but not all of them include detox programs. In some cases, an alcohol detox program may be non-negotiable for a person to achieve recovery. Here are some signs that you may require the services of an alcohol detox center to quit drinking:
- You experience severe withdrawal symptoms whenever you try to quit or moderate your drinking.
- You have been drinking heavily for years. The CDC considers heavy drinking to consist of 15 or more drinks per week for men and eight or more for women.
- Your tolerance has become high, requiring a large number of drinks to feel intoxicated.
- You continue to drink, although your alcohol use has created problems in your life, such as job loss, legal issues, or divorce.
All the above signs indicate that alcohol use has gotten out of your control and will likely require professional treatment. Without the help and guidance of an alcohol detox center, your withdrawal experience can be extreme and potentially dangerous.
What Are the Benefits of an Alcohol Detox Program?
An alcohol detox program will be the most effective way to recover for people who have developed a severe alcohol use disorder. Detox programs offer resources that are not available to you at home or an outpatient treatment program. Treatment at an alcohol detox center can provide the following benefits:
- Around-the-clock monitoring to observe your vital signs, mental health, and withdrawal symptoms
- Administration of medications to ease withdrawal symptoms and alcohol cravings
- A safe, structured environment free of temptation
- 24/7 support from a team of detox professionals, including therapists, physicians, and nurses
An alcohol detox center can provide you with the support and security you may not have in your home environment. For the best chance of a full recovery from alcohol use disorder, find your local alcohol detox center in Massachusetts.
Clearhaven Recovery: Connecting You with the Best Alcohol Detox in Massachusetts
If you think you or a loved one would benefit from the high level of care offered by an alcohol detox center, Clearhaven Recovery can help. We partner with alcohol detox programs in the Boston area and can help you find the right fit. Give us a call today at 833.970.2054 when you need guidance finding the best alcohol detox in Massachusetts.